Friday 30 November 2012

Musing Over Thing 4

I have just completed all four tasks for Thing 4. Firstly I was amazed to gain access to all of the websites without being blocked, so thank you IT.

This set of tasks seemed more involved than previous tasks which has been enjoyable. I have liked looking for videos, photos and presentations. I was not aware of Prezi and I did not realise that Flickr had creative commons picture that anyone can use. 

I had used YouTube previously but had never really searched for educational content. I was quite impressed with what I found.

I was disappointed to discover that any presentations uploaded to slideshare or Prezi would be public and the only to make them private was to subscribe. I thought this was cheeky and would most likely put people off using the sites. I think the author of the content reserves the right to control access and that should be a basic.

I can imagine that with these sites and similar ones plagiarism is common as it becomes so easy to do. This could be more tightly controlled if the sites allowed permissions and sharing controls as a basic.

I thought all of the sites were easy to use and navigate and I do intend to use them again now that I am aware of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment